Monday, December 21, 2009

Letter 12-15-09

Subject: A new idea

Dear family,
So I have been thinking that since my camera can take videos that are really
good quality that mabye Jessica would want to start a blog and I can send
her some videos from the MTC and she can post them up there. Instead of
writing to you about my schedule I can just show you (a picture is worth a
thousand words right?). The only hitch is, is that mom and Dad have the
only memory card that I can do that on. I tried doing it today and it
didn't work. I was trying to show what a normal p-day is like. I think it
would be reallly neat for Josh and Cedric and for the other "Steed" cousins
to see what a real mission looks like. Anyways just a thought. You can
also post my recent e-mails if you so desire as well. I thought that it
would be a nice way to consoladate all of the information that I am sending.

So life in the MTC is well. We just had Elder Costa come and speak to us.
He is in the presidency of the seventy and was very fun to listen to. He
grew up in Brazil, and hearing him speak made everyone anxious to have our
visas and go there. I am learning a lot about how as missionaries we are
supposed to "get to know the investigator" and teach to their needs. I was
really impressed as I was teaching a lesson in english to a real
investigator and it wasn't going so well. I said a prayer in my heart to
try to know what to teach because I didn't know anything about the
investigator. I had this feeling from Heavenly Father that said "its ok if
you don't know them, because I do" he then gave me a thought to say to this
person and it changed the focus and spirit of the lesson. I was very
touched and came to the conclusion that no matter how much we try to get to
know someone we will never know them as well as our Heavenly Father does.
Thats why it is important to follow the spirit, Heavnly Father knows their
needs better than anybody.
In other knews this week we had the BYU mens chorus come and sing and it was
very enjoyable.
All is well,
Love, Elder Steed

No comments:

Post a Comment