Monday, December 21, 2009

Letter 12-08-09

Subject: Crazy week!

Hello evreryone,
This week has been absolutly crazy. Everyone in my district got sick except
for me and another sister. I have been staying and taking care of most of
my sick Elders and making sure that their companions have the oppurtunity to
go to class and attend the temple even thought their companion's are sick.
It has been a good oppurtunity for me to love and serve my district and let
them have oppurtunities to learn and grow like I did before I came out.
Other than that things have been pretty good. I got the H1N1 shot so I am
now immuned and surprisingly had no side affects from the shot. I have
finally learned that I can delegate a lot of things to members in the
district and it has taken a huge load off of my plate. I used to have to
teach about two lessons a week, prepare a five minute talk in portuguese ,
interveiw every missionary, have about 5 leadershid training meetings.
Unfortunatley the only thing I can actually delegate is the lesson teaching,
but every little bit helps. I finally got organized to be a district leader
so things have been going smoothly. I have read in the first chapter in the
book of mormon in portuguese and understood all of it!! I found out that I
along with being able to understand spanish, I can also understand
Itialian,and Romanian, which is way cool. The language is coming fast and
efficiantly. I had my skype lesson with the Portuguese teacher in the
Brazil MTC and could understand most of what they were saying. Tell Bekah
that I recieved her letter and was thankful for it. There have been 4 visas
that have come in this week but they are still telling us to plan on serving
in the United States for a while. I will be here for about 12 weeks is what
they (travel office) are telling me. So I am trying to make the most of it.
My district is making a Christmas card and I will be sending it shortly.
Other than that things have been going smoothly here at the MTC. Oh!, so
one of my companions got 25 Christmas presents to open every day of December
the last day being Christams. Each present had a scripture on it that gave
a hint about what was wrapped. Not saying i'm expecting anything that
extravagent but as DL I have the responsability to get everyone's mail twice
a day. I have noticed that everyone gets more packages than I do
letters/e-mails. However that being said I will forget myself and go to
work, but I felt inspored to bring that to your attentioin...just kidding.
Anyways I love all of you at home and miss eveybody tons share with everyone
my love. Tell Jess I want a Christmas calendar.
Love Elder Steed
P.S. There isn't another Elder Steed here at the MTC!

No comments:

Post a Comment