Monday, December 21, 2009

First Letter 11-24-09

Here is Dave's first letter.

Bom Dia!!!,
I have finally been given the chance to e-mail you on my p-day. The reason
I couldn't send a quick e-mail when I got here was because I got in later
than most of the orientation things. The MTC is great, after the first
three days I have been called as the district leader and it has been a fun
experience. Our district is very close to each other and we love each other
and serve each other to the best of our ability. I couldn't ask for a
better district, they are doing everything that I have told them to do so
far. I have written and sent you a letter in a little more detail about me
being the District Leader. My companions are great they love to work hard
and they are doing the best that they can do. The Lord really wants to
bless this district that I have stewardship over. We are speaking the
language well and understanding it better and better each day. The spanish
elders who have been here for about 6 weeks always try to find the new
elders at the MTC and speak to them really fast in spanish, the funny thing
is though is that when they did that to individuals (including myself) we
understood everything they were saying and they didn't have a clue what we
were saying back to them. Apparently thats typical of portuguese. The
people in Brazil can understand spanish but people who speak spanish can't
understand portuguese...it's great!!! The sisters in my district are great
and are very capable of wonderful things and work hard. We have no idea
whats going on with the visas...it's a mess. They stopped assigning people
to state side missions because there are too many temporary state
missionaries and not enough full-time missionaries in the state. Some
districts have been here for about 10 weeks and could go to 15 weeks. So we
will see what happens. I can pray and bear my testimony in portuguese but I
still have much to learn. I love you guys over there and miss you lots.

Elder Steed

No comments:

Post a Comment